Welcome to THINK GLOBAL GROW LOCAL, a series of online International Roundtable events from Journeys on Design, drawing together a community of experts and enthusiasts with locality and regeneration at their heart. We celebrate a initiates through the lens of flax fibre and linen cultures from around the world.
In Autumn 2021
- John Ennis, Journeys in Design, SCOTLAND
- Sirpa Morsky, Seed to Shelf, FINLAND, with Jane McCann, N.Ireland
- Helen Keys, Flax Farm, N.IRELAND, with Arwen Roberts, Wales
- Shannon Welsh & Angela Wartes-Kahl, Fibrevolution, USA with Rosie Bristow, Scotland
- Roundtable Q&A incl Simon Cooper, Flaxland, SW ENGLAND
- Christiane Seufferlein, Berta’s Flax, AUSTRIA
- Paul Henry, Spinning Class, ENGLAND with Peter Szikriszt, IkvmLIN, Sweden
- Sylvie De Costa & Greet Verstraat, TEXTURE Museum, BELGIUM
- John Ennis, Flax Futures, SCOTLAND
Presentations are available to view on Journeys in Design YouTube channel.
World Earth Day, Friday 22 April 2022. Eventbrite registration opening soon.
Think GLOBAL Grow LOCAL, a new series of International Round Table events from Journeys in Design.
The title of our series is a riff on the phrase ‘Think Global Act Local’ and the work of pioneering Scottish ecologist, Patrick Geddes. His call on us to consider nature and the seasons as our guide and to progress in tandem with the planet, underpins much of our work with Journeys in Design. We also take this cue to offer our future Round Tables in spring as we plant and autumn as we harvest (Northern hemisphere!).